Leave Your Mark Legacy Challenge
Amplify your generosity. Build Colby’s future.
We are pleased to share that anonymous donors have pledged $1 million to support financial aid at Colby College. In addition, they wanted this gift to inspire others to support Colby through their estate by creating the Leave Your Mark Legacy Challenge.
What is the Leave Your Mark Legacy Challenge?
Beginning in January 2022, individuals who are 60 or older and document a new planned gift* for Colby College (such as a bequest intention or life-income gift) will have 10 percent of their gift’s value matched with an immediate, outright gift (up to $25,000) from the anonymous donors to support financial aid. The challenge will continue until we have reached the full amount of our challenge donors’ $1-million gift commitment.
* IRA rollovers and some gift plans with contingency provisions are excluded.
That means you will support Colby in the years to come through your planned gift, and you will help build vital financial aid resources today, in partnership with other Colby supporters.
Best of all, your participation in the Legacy Challenge may inspire other members of the Colby community to join you.
How Can I Participate?
Participation is simple. Just complete the Confidential Bequest Intention Form to confirm that you have created a new bequest intention, life-income gift, or other planned giving arrangement for Colby, and would like to be included in the Legacy Challenge. Then 10 percent of the value of your gift (up to $25,000) will be contributed by our anonymous challenge donors to financial aid at Colby.
That means that if you have included Colby in your estate for:
- $25,000; an outright gift of $2,500 will be provided
- $100,000; an outright gift of $10,000 will be provided
- $250,000; an outright gift of $25,000 will be provided
- $1,000,000; an outright gift of $25,000 will be provided
How To Document Your Intent:
- Reach out to Colby’s Office of Gift Planning at email@example.com.
- Complete the Confidential Bequest Intention Form
- We are happy to mail you a copy, provide a downloadable version or complete it through our secure portal on DocuSign.
- Enclose or attach any supporting documentation, such as a copy of the relevant portion of your will or trust document.
- Click finish or email/mail in the completed form.